Wednesday, May 31, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

 I'm joining MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up!


What we're eating this week:

ALL THE COMFORT FOOD...hahahaha!

I asked each family member what they wanted to eat one night this week.  Our meals will be ranging from soup to spaghetti to chicken.  After sixteen days in China eating whatever we could find (I'm pretty picky but I was unaware before this trip)-I'm so happy to make a week of requests.  :)



What I'm Reminiscing About:
I'm reminiscing about our China trip.  I cannot wait to share all the pictures and stories with you.  My summer plan is to blog three days a week during June and July.  I'm going to use that extra free time to snuggle the babe.  And then I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programming in August.  :)

I'll make sure to let you know via Instagram when a new post is up so you don't miss one.  You can follow me on IG here or "slaughteren".



What I'm Loving:
We stepped off the plane on Thursday evening to SUMMER in TEXAS!  We're LOVING it!



What We've Been Up To:
We've been enjoying seeing ALL THE FIRSTS through Britt's eyes.  She had a big weekend and got to experience her first swim in Texas, first fireworks, first Memorial Day, first visit to church, first burger off the grill, and much much more.


What I'm Dreading:
Nothing at the moment. :)




What I'm Working On:
I'm working on figuring out exactly what time we need to begin getting ready in order to make it on time and not be extremely early.  This was us hanging out in car on Sunday morning-TWENTY minutes early to church. Trust me, that never happens for us!




What I'm Excited About:
I'm so excited about getting to share our adoption journey, our trip, and this sweet girl with you.  Miss Britt is PRECIOUS.  You guys are going to love her.  I feel like I have ALL KINDS OF WORDS to share with you so I can't wait to get those out!




What I'm watching/reading:
Guess how many books I packed for our trip?

EIGHT!

Guess how many books I read on our trip?

ZERO!

Can you believe that?  haha!  Instead of reading, I was an I-Pad watching fool.  Several friends had recommended some series and I pretended like it was my JOB to watch them all.  

 Southern Charm was recommended by a friend who loves the Real Housewives just as much as I do. It's no secret I'm a Bravo fan and let me tell you-Southern Charm did not disappoint.  

Big Little Lies is a mini-series based on a book by Liane Moriarty.  Okay, I think we've discussed this before but I'd much prefer to read an R-rated scene rather than watch it.  When reading it, I skim right over parts but if I'm watching I'm just kind of stuck.  There were definitely some R-rated scenes in this one and let me tell you-they made me prefer the book for sure!



What I'm Listening To:
There's just something about summer and country music that go hand in hand. Right?



What I'm Wearing:
I'm pretty long-waisted so typically a romper is not my jam, but I found this one that works!  (Don't pay too much attention to the picture.  It appears like it's too short but I'm totally blaming the baby for that.  In real-life, I promise it wasn't.)  It was perfect for a Memorial Day party over the weekend.



What I'm Doing This Weekend:
We'll be watching Miss Thing strut her stuff during her dance recital.



What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
Since we just got home from a big trip, we didn't plan another big summer vacation.  We'll be spending our days by the pool, we'll have play dates, and we'll make some amazing memories as a family of SIX!


I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you for the sweet messages, texts, calls, e-mails, and most importantly the prayers.  Trust me when I say-they were FELT.  Thank you, ladies, so so much.  I'll see you Friday!  XOXO

40 comments:

Bailey Bryant said...

Welcome Home!!! I'm so excited to read about your journey to Britt. She is so precious! Y'all have a wonderful summer ahead!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You're back on the blog! YAY!!!! So happy you are home and so happy about all of us getting to love on sweet Britt now. You're right, she is absolutely precious. I can't wait to hear more about the journey to bring her home.

Emily at 'a little bit of Emily' said...

SO excited you are back! You have been missed! Can't wait to read about your adoption journey and Miss Britt!

Tanya said...

Welcome home and Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about your adoption journey! Here's to a relaxing summer getting adjusted to being a family of SIX!

Mix and Match Mama said...

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKSSSS! I'm so glad you're back to blog world!! I cannot wait to read your China posts!! I already love that girl so much!

Elizabeth Feldpausch said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and that sweet little girl!

Narci Dreffs said...

Yay!!! So glad you are back. I am so looking forward to hearing about your trip and everything about bringing home your precious girl! Bring on summer! Xoxo

brookerichardson said...

Yay! Your back!!!! I'm sure you will finish your china posts before I finish my last one. Lol!

Alex said...

Welcome back! Praying for lots of bonding and snuggles for precious Britt over the slowed down summer. Can't wait to read your story. :)

Emily Harrison said...

Welcome back! Everyone has missed your blogging. We can't wait to read more about China and the journey to Britt.

Laci Murray said...

Yay you are back!!! Missed your blog so much and can't wait to read about Britt!

Liz said...

So excited to hear more about your sweet baby girl!

Paula said...

Your summer sounds perfect new Momma. Enjoy & soak it up. Look forward to reading each step unfold.

Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams said...

Happy to hear you are all back home and enjoying Miss Britt! She is adorable :-) Can't wait to read more about the journey! Enjoy the start of your summer.
xo
Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

Megan @ Letting In The Light Blog said...

I'm so happy that your back to blogging!! I cannot wait to read all about your China trip. My list of tips for you that I forgot to hit senscon inlcuded "4. You will not read as much as you think you will. Leave the books at home and stock up on trashy TV for the iPad. You're brain will thank you." Ha! Looks like I was on the right track.
http://www.lettinginthelightblog.com

Laura at Fantastically Four said...

Hooray! I'm so excited to hear more about sweet Britt and your adoption process. Welcome back and congrats again on becoming a family of six!

Kara said...

Southern Charm is the bomb!! The best 45 minutes (DVR) of my week!

As mentioned above, glad you are back on the blog and look forward to hearing Britt's story.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

Yay you are back!!
We can't wait to hear about your Journey.

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

So glad you are back!!! I cannot wait to read about your adoption and find out your story!
Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

Beck said...

Can't wait to hear all about everything. We missed you! Britt is just beautiful!!! happy for you all :)

Olivia said...

I said the same thing about music...country music playing by the pool or in the car with the (A/C) "wind" through your hair :) I am just so excited for you about this new season of life!

Katie Roman said...

So so glad you're back! I've been checking daily. Britt is adorable and I can't wait to read your adoption story.

Jenny said...

So glad that you guys are home! I bet it feels great! And days by the pool sound perfect! :)

Nicole said...

Congratulations! Welcome Home! A summer at home sounds like a perfect plan for your family :)

Whitney Pegram said...

Erika!! Miss Britt is a doll! Between you & Shay, I want to hop on a plane ... like yesterday & welcome a new baby into our home! Happy Wednesday, friend!

Kathy Lang said...

So happy to read another blog post from you, but can't wait to hear all about your trip to China and your adoption of beautiful Britt! Your plans for the summer sound perfect!

Anita Mraz said...

So happy for you!! My husband and I are praying about adoption so I can't wait to read your posts!

Sarah DeWald said...

So happy you're back! I can't wait to hear all about your trip to bring Britt home!

Turnage said...

She's so tiny in your arms... excited for details. I checked each morning as I know many did, so happy everyone is home safe and sound. Many blessings to you and your new family of 6!

Amanda @ That Inspired Chick said...

Yay!!! So happy you're back!!! Can't wait to read all about the trip!! And so glad you liked Southern Charm!!! I knew you would!!

That Inspired Chick

The Longs said...

Thanks for reminding me I need to watch Big Little Lies! And congrats on the adoption!

Crystal McDonald said...

You've been missed!!! She's precious!! Happy summer!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Welcome back! You have been SO missed here in the blogging world! I can't wait to follow along with you on your new journey as a mother of FOUR and I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Laurel said...

Welcome back! I missed your blog! But great job posting more on IG, it's been fun keeping up w you over there :)

Deena said...

I'm so glad to see you're back with sweet Britt. Can't wait to hear more about the trip and your adorable new baby girl.

Tori Caldwell said...

So excited for your family!!! And good choice on binge watching southern charm (love that show!)... my friend and I ran into shep last week😍

Heather said...

She is so precious! Congratulations on your new little lady....I have just discovered your blog through Shay's, and you ladies are just so awesome. Can't wait to read more!

Angela Ellingson said...

Yay! Welcome back! So excited to hear more! Congrats on your sweet baby girl. She's so sweet!

Perfectly Port said...

We missed you but LOVED all your instagram photos. As we pray about adoption, I can't wait to hear about your story. She is PRECIOUS! You all look lovely as a party of 6! Congrats again! xoxo ERIN

Bethany Parvin said...

Love so much of this! First the adoption, then friends, that sign, those shoes! =) So happy for you guys! Continuing to pray for this journey!